For me it's been four years, and K and T haven't been back for nearly two. We will be rocking Chiba from 26 March to 11 April and frankly I'm having doubts that just over two weeks will be anything like long enough.
Cool journey has been arranged - we're flying from Bristol! Ahem, obviously not directly, but we have a fairly short stop over in gay Paris, then on to Narita. This should make the whole trip reasonably bearable - waiting at Bristol is not as long and getting out really is easier. The connecting flight is on a turbo-prop too, which I think is a first for me.
Activities on the list so far include:
- get in a trip to Hakone for the three of us, and visit onsen
- wallow at the local bath house
- visit O-Edo Onsen again coz it's dead cool
- visit K's grandmother in Shizuoka (by shinkansen, yeah!)
- drink in Annabelle's in Kashiwa
- ride on the new railway near Kashiwa
- watch a Reysol game (maybe in a bar will suffice)
- go to Tokyo Disney (or maybe I'll duck out of this one)
- Duncan and Yuri
- Tony (over in Kanazawa - yikes!)
- Ollie and Naoko
- the Kashiwa area Shane folk
- and more besides